Microbial air contamination monitoring is a key process in facilities with special air cleanliness needs. Air sampling is a regulated process that, with following simple steps, we can obtain an indicator of the quality of the air.
Do you want to know how to perform an air sampling? IUL’s air samplers are very compact and designed for easy transportation. In fact, IUL Spin Air samplers give users a compact, portable, simple solution to air sampling.
Discover all the advantages of using IUL’s technology! Sample anywhere, anytime!
IUL’s air sampler: Spin Air
Spin Air samplers give users a compact, portable, simple solution to air sampling. Accuracy and precision-enhancing, Spin technology enables Spin Air samplers to outperform the accuracy of other air sampling systems.
Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food, and cosmetic manufacturers and healthcare facilities all benefit from the use of Spin Air samplers to assess airborne bacterial and fungal bioburden.
IUL’s air samplers are very compact and designed for easy transportation to enable sampling anywhere needed. Furthermore, the operation of Spin Air is very simple, while a Petri dish is inserted, the device’s lid is screwed in place. Next, accurate volumes of air are sampled by forcing them towards the Petri plate’s agar surface. After incubation, colony counting enables evaluating microbial air quality.
An air sampler for every need
IUL has different types of air samplers to fulfill every need:
- Spin Air: Spin technology for precision, accuracy and resolution enhancement. Allows a full sampling traceability and has a LIMS connectivity.Furthermore, you can use a barcode scanner for quick sample and operator identification. Once connected to a Mate unit, it enables duplicate sampling.
- Spin Air Mate: Has all the advantages of the Spin Air main unit to which it must be connected to operate.
- Spin Air Basic: Spin, technology for precision, accuracy and resolution enhancement. It is a very affordable option.
- Basic Air: Regular static Andersen air sampler, extremely friendly to low budgets.
Air sampling process with IUL’s Spin Air
Next, you have step by step the process to make an air sampling:
How to operate
- Press the arrow button for 3 seconds for switch on the Spin Air.
- Click (tick) to set your configuration: volume to aspirate, countdown and rotation speed. You can use ↑ or ↓ to set the parameters.
- Loosen the lid by unscrewing it in a counterclockwise direction, place the Petri dish and tighten the lid by screwing it on clockwise direction.
Start the air sampling
- Click the arrow button to start.
- The process starts after the delay time.
- The rotative system distributes homogeneously the microorganisms.
- Loosen the lid by unscrewing it in a counterclockwise direction. Petri dish is ready for incubation.
The incubation and the count
Time to incubate the plate and perform the subsequent count.