Dear Customers and Partners,
Over the past couple of weeks, all of us have had to adapt to a new situation due to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
From IUL we’d like to communicate that we continue to be actively working to satisfy the demands on all our product ranges and for all our customers and distributors in all the countries where IUL is present. As a biotechnological company, now more than ever we need to remain active and work together with our partners and health authorities.
Our priority is to ensure the safety and health of our employees and their families. For this reason, we have implemented teleworking for those posts amenable to it and for those who are working on the production plant IUL has adopted an educational and action plan to guarantee the protection and safety of all the workers so that they may keep working in a responsible and safe way.
With this emergency, IUL recognizes that the public and private sectors across the globe need to work together to beat this pandemic. In this situation IUL states:
- IUL has made available their facilities and 3D printers to the competent health authorities, Agencia Española del Medicamento y Productos Sanitarios (AEMPS) and the Federación Española de Empresas de Tecnología Sanitaria (FENIN).
- IUL provides instruments and consumables for laboratories from food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries, all of which are considered essential activities. CE marking and FDA listing. IUL is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2016 certified.
- IUL has joined the initiative 3Dcovid19.tech and the initiative from HP to collaborate in manufacturing ventilator parts and full protection masks with 3D printing. 3DCovid19.tech is a non-profit initiative launched in networks and coordinated with Taulí Park 3D Laboratory and Col·legi Oficial de Metges de Barcelona and acts as a marketplace between hospitals demands and company offers. HP with its global digital manufacturing community has mobilized HP technology to print medical supplies, equipment and devices to help meet urgent needs. Those initiatives are coordinated with government, health and industry agencies to identify the parts most in need, validate designs and certify end products for medical use.
- IUL has informed via social network that it is a lateral flow reader manufacturer, ideal for boosting the sensitivity, objectivity and traceability of the existent lateral flow test for the diagnostic of COVID-19 or for those that are in a pre-mature state.
- IUL has joined a consortium of different researchers from the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB) to produce lateral flow tests for the detection of the SARS-COV2 antigen. IUL will take part as an expert in image capturing and processing to increase sensitivity of the tests coupling them with iPeak®, the IUL lateral flow reader. Taking part in this initiative is a group of specialists from the microbiology, virology, immunology, antibodies and protein production fields as well as lateral flow companies. Also, we will actively collaborate with IRTA-CReSA, IrsiCAIXA, BSC-CNS and ICN2-CSIC.
Barcelona, April 1st , 2020